The future of TikTok: Everything you need to know from TikTok World
Last month TikTok held their first ever ‘TikTok World’, an online event in which TikTok showcased all the upcoming changes and updates it has planned for the platform. As somebody who uses TikTok to advertise for clients, I have always thought that their platform leaves a lot to be desired regarding advertising capabilities. Clearly, I’m not the only one as TikTok announced a whole host of upcoming changes to their platform which will drastically change the way we advertise on the app. In case you missed it, here’s some of the most important updates that we can expect to see in 2022.
During the keynote, TikTok Shopping was introduced which is a new set of tools and integrations designed specifically for advertisers and brands to effectively engage with their customers.
- Partner Integration – a welcome addition for many merchants. TikTok will now allow users to integrate with their third-party commerce partners and will soon be widening its partner scope from Shopify, Square, Ecwid and PrestaShop to include other popular partners including Wix and Opencart.
- Collection Ads – advertisers will be able to add custom, ‘swipeable’ product cards on in-video ads.
- Dynamic Showcase Ads – like Facebook and Linkedin, you will now be able to target users based on their interests.
Metrics and Value
For advertisers, measuring and tweaking campaigns makes up the majority of our day-to-day. TikTok announced the implementation of new ways to buy ads, measure the success of campaigns and track performance.
- Reach and Frequency – this is a new-to-TikTok- buying type that allows advertisers to create campaigns with predictable reach and controlled frequency according to the parameters that are set. These parameters include advertising objective, targeting, purchase method and schedule.
- Ad viewability – Tiktok have partnered with Doubleverify and MOAT to provide advertisers with accurate and up to date insight about invalid traffic and ad viewability on the platform.
- Product Links – brands will be able to link one or more multiple products directly from organic content which will direct users to product pages within the app.
- TikTok inventory filter – TikTok have given advertisers more control over ad placement and have introduced the TikTok inventory filter which is in line with the GARM Brand Safety and Sustainability Framework.
TikTok have said on these changes:
“These innovations are just the beginning. We’re committed to pushing ourselves to understand what our community values, using these as signals to guide our future product innovation and set new standards for the industry. We’re on a journey to make TikTok even easier to enjoy, share, and shop.”
You can find more information about the upcoming changes to TikTok by visiting the TikTok world site where the full keynote is archived.