Living Wage Week
Here at Social, we’re really proud of our Living Wage Employer status – it demonstrates our dedication to people.
The Living Wage Foundation campaigns for the idea that a hard day’s work deserves a fair day’s pay. It celebrates and recognises the leadership of responsible employers who choose to go further and pay a wage based on the cost of living, not just the government minimum.
We’ve always held the wellbeing of people at our core – looking after our staff and building a sustainable culture. Signing up to the Living Wage Foundation was no brainer for us – a natural decision in alignment with our ethos.
The lifeblood of our agency is our one corporate value – “Life Happens”. That’s Social’s commitment to looking after us, Social employees, and our clients, ensuring that we’re constantly reviewing how we can better ourselves for the good of colleagues and clients alike.
Some of our key initiatives include:
- Increasing our holiday entitlement to 30 days per year in response to feedback from colleagues.
- Support for flexible and remote working, including a package of remote working equipment.
- Twice-yearly development days for all staff, sharing progress and challenges so everyone understands their role in the big picture.
- Enhanced sickness, compassionate, maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Investing in learning and development for our emerging leaders, with regular sessions from external experts, covering business planning, action learning and effective team working, among other things.
- A discretionary company bonus scheme.
- Supporting charities and good causes through pro bono work and direct donations and supporting our colleagues wishing to volunteer individually.
Our talented, determined and multi-disciplinary team has been fuelled through the agency’s commitments to colleagues – and supporting inclusion and a positive work-life balance is a guiding principle of all Social activity in the future.
Read more about the Living Wage Foundation here: https://www.livingwage.org.uk/