We’re looking for someone who will be responsible for improving, leading and managing web development within the agency.
This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting, successful, and rapidly expanding business. You will be a key part of our growth ambitions, playing an active role in the development of our digital proposition and services and building the web development team.
The role will involve management and development of our own site (www.social.co.uk), management of a portfolio of live client sites and a pipeline of new projects and products (including enhancing our digital consultation capability), helping us trace a path to a significant expansion in our digital services.
- Ensuring that the technical approach and solution are fit for purpose and in line with the broader strategic and technical requirements of both Social and the client whilst bearing in mind the project scope, budget and timings
- To lead and oversee project specifications and estimates to make sure they are complete and fit for purpose
- To facilitate the smooth and accurate delivery of projects and support the wider team all the way through the process
- To help us develop and grow the digital component of our placemaking consultation work, delivering online consultation solutions as an integrated part of our wider Social Place offer
- To constantly review and improve internal development and delivery processes as well as systems and infrastructure in order to maintain standards and drive efficiency across the business
- To facilitate and drive technology and methodology decision making including standardisation of system architecture, reusable code base development, versions of software tools, best practice, source control, QA and deployment processes
- Management of hosting, security, SLAs and domains · Communicating clearly to non-technical members of the team
- Contributing to the progression, adaptability and success of the business
- Actively seek opportunities to grow web services, including potential new business opportunities
- Support the Head of Creative to ensure the commercial success and growth of the web function
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working within an agency environment, with a portfolio of work that demonstrates a depth of knowledge and understanding of WordPress
- Excellent knowledge of technical website performance and optimisation
- Strong version control, deployment and QA knowledge
- An appreciation of UX/UI, responsive design and SEO best practice
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Commitment to meeting deadlines and going the extra mile
- Great time management skills
- A keen interest in developments and advances in web technologies
- Problem solving attitude
- Personable approach, able to build strong working relationships with colleagues across different locations and with clients
- An enthusiasm and passion for digital development and a commitment to delivering outstanding work
A minimum of 5 year’s experience
What we offer:
Benefits including a competitive salary, 30 days annual leave, flexible working and a commitment to training and development. We want someone who is prepared to grow with us.
- Competitive salary
- Support for flexible and remote working
- Thirty days annual leave plus bank holidays, on a pro-rata basis
- Enhanced sickness, compassionate, maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- Pension scheme
- Support for volunteering
- Access to discretionary company bonus scheme
- Strong commitment to learning and development
- Regular team away days and socials
We’re all from different backgrounds and aspiring to be the best version of ourselves – but we are striving to do more and better in terms of our diversity and inclusion.
While all applicants will be treated equally regardless of race, gender or other status, Social is under-represented by Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups and by disabled people. Candidates from these groups are particularly encouraged.
And encouragement doesn’t end once you’re on board. Inclusion is not just for job ads. We’re committed to ensuring that we all have equal opportunity to thrive, succeed, fail and learn.