The candidate will have the opportunity to work with clients in the property, energy, transport and housing sectors across the North and nationally.
Alongside a sharp political eye and interest in current affairs, the ideal candidate will have experience working in-house or in an agency delivering public consultations and campaigns.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement public consultations and stakeholder engagement projects from setting the strategy, delivering the activity, and evaluating the success
- Provide trusted consultancy and advice to clients
- Combine creativity with knowledge of the regional political and stakeholder landscape to execute successful planning consultations and engagement campaigns, making use of PR, digital and creative as appropriate to maximise reach and engagement
- Proactively managing relationships with key clients and acting as the main point of contact on accounts you are responsible for
- Demonstrate impact through timely reporting, analysis and evaluation of activity
- Manage multiple consultation and engagement projects consecutively, using appropriate tools and techniques to ensure all work is completed on time, on budget and to a high standard
- Identify and execute opportunities to develop and grow accounts
- Play a leading role in the development and delivery of new business opportunities
- Actively build your network – online and offline – to promote Social and secure new leads
- Draft thought leadership and expert commentary on behalf of Social on topics such as regional devolution, placemaking, transport infrastructure
Key qualifications, skills and experience
- A self-starter, with the ability to work independently, while maintaining team role
- Confident with clients, providing sounds advice that’s guided by an understanding of their objectives and knowledge of what works well
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent writing skills and ability to adapt style for different audiences
- Ability to build relationships internally and with clients, at all levels
- Exemplary project management and time management skills
- Credibility in providing strategic counsel to clients and senior stakeholders
- Five or more years agency or in-house experience of delivering public consultations and stakeholder engagement campaigns
- A strong political antenna and interest in current affairs
- A good understanding of regional politics, particularly across the North and Midlands
- Excellent client relationship/project management skills
- Substantial experience of using digital channels to engage with different audiences
- Ability to work across multiple accounts
- A detailed understanding of consultation best practice, including promoting accessibility, diversity and inclusion
- A grasp of wider communications disciplines including PR, social media and creative
Social is proud to be a company that puts its staff first and nurtures a compassionate and inclusive culture.
We offer flexible working to all our staff to help people accommodate their home and personal lives. We have recently increased our annual leave allowance to 30 days (plus bank holidays), one of the most generous in the sector.
Everyone who works at Social understands our company’s core values, our three guiding behaviours that create a one team spirit.
During the pandemic, Social is working remotely but the post would be based in our Leeds office which is based in Platform, next to Leeds Station.
Some of the benefits of working at Social include:
- Supportive and compassionate working culture
- Strong commitment to learning and development
- Career progression opportunities within a growing, ambitious business
- Competitive salary
- Support for flexible and remote working
- Thirty days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced sickness, compassionate, maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- Pension scheme
- Support for volunteering
- Access to discretionary company bonus scheme
- Regular team away days and socials
Life Happens and purpose beyond profit
As an agency we are underpinned by a key ethos, Life Happens. It’s our commitment to our employees that when the unexpected happens in life, and with recognition that this is different for everyone, Social has got their back.
Our purpose goes beyond profit. We have made a commitment to make a positive social impact through our work to improve lives within communities. That purpose stands shoulder-to-shoulder with our commitment to develop and grow our people and to create careers of choice in the communications industry.
- We’re all from different backgrounds and aspiring to be the best version of ourselves but Social is striving to do more and better in terms of our diversity and inclusion.
- While all applicants will be treated equally regardless of race, gender or other status, Social is under-represented by Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups and by disabled people. Candidates from these groups are particularly encouraged.
- Encouragement doesn’t end once you’re on board. Inclusion is not just for job ads. We are committed to ensuring that our employees all have equal opportunity to thrive, succeed, fail, and learn.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact: Pete Wrathmell