Our Manchester team is looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative full-stack WordPress web developer who will be responsible for the management and optimisation of Social’s website (www.social.co.uk).
You will be able to think strategically when building new components and be confident in making suggestions to develop the website, informed by digital design best practice and knowledge of the WordPress roadmap.
This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting, successful, and rapidly expanding SME business. The role will support our growth ambitions, which have seen us become a fast-growing business, trusted to deliver results.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role. We are open to applications from freelancers.
This is a part-time position, working two days per week.
- Manage all aspects of Social’s website (www.social.co.uk).
- Deliver new website features in accordance with the WordPress development roadmap.
- Review any existing code, make improvements where necessary and debug any problems with existing WordPress plugins and setups.
- Build new landing pages in line with digital design best practice.
- Collaborate with our in-house design team to combine your digital skills with creative designs and formats.
- Management of hosting packages and domains.
- You will be able to articulate clear responses to non-technical members of the business.
- Contributing to the progression, adaptability and success of the business.
- Proven experience of working within an agency, or an inhouse team. With a history or portfolio of work that demonstrates your knowledge and understanding of WordPress development.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility management, mobile first and responsive design.
- You will need to have the ability and understanding to be able to plan and build your own custom post types, flexible template components and bespoke WordPress plug-ins. A good knowledge of utilising WordPress’ hooks, actions and filters is a must.
- Working knowledge of PHP, MySQL and WordPress is essential to develop and build upon the social.co.uk website.
- Knowledge of web performance and optimisation, an understanding of SEO best practice and principles is desirable.
- Experience building and developing optimised landing pages.
- Understanding of digital design (UX/UI) best practice.
- Knowledge of website servers and hosting packages.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Great time management skills.
- You’ll show a keen interest in (and awareness of) developments and advances in digital industries which touch upon your work.
- Most importantly, you’ll have a real enthusiasm and passion for digital development and a commitment to delivering outstanding results!
What we offer:
Benefits including a competitive salary, 30 days annual leave, flexible working and a commitment to training and development. We want someone who is prepared to grow with us.
- Competitive salary
- Support for flexible and remote working
- Thirty days annual leave plus bank holidays, on a pro-rata basis
- Enhanced sickness, compassionate, maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- Pension scheme
- Support for volunteering
- Access to discretionary company bonus scheme
- Strong commitment to learning and development
- Regular team away days and socials
We’re all from different backgrounds and aspiring to be the best version of ourselves – but we are striving to do more and better in terms of our diversity and inclusion.
While all applicants will be treated equally regardless of race, gender or other status, Social is under-represented by Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups and by disabled people. Candidates from these groups are particularly encouraged.
And encouragement doesn’t end once you’re on board. Inclusion is not just for job ads. We’re committed to ensuring that we all have equal opportunity to thrive, succeed, fail and learn.