Account Manager – Leeds
Social is looking for an Account Manager to join our award-winning team in the North, based in our Leeds office.
The position will suit a highly motivated team player who wants to contribute to the next chapter in our exciting story. We’re looking to appoint someone who has the ambition and drive to help us achieve our growth plans over the coming years and become an indispensable part of the team, in it for the long-term.
We want an individual with great media relations skills and a passion for securing quality media coverage, being able to spot a story and pitch confidently – and with a range of skills across the digital media landscape. We are looking for someone who wants to grow within our business, and we’ll offer a great package and support, to help that person thrive professionally and personally.
With an emphasis on the built environment, infrastructure and purpose-driven communications, we are one of the fastest growing agencies in the region. A proud B-Corp, committed to doing the right thing for people and the planet as well as driving profit, we have also been recognised as one of the Top 25 B2B PR agencies headquartered in the UK by the CIPR.
We work with some amazing businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals. What you’ll get from us is an employer who cares about you and your development and about making a positive difference in the places where we work.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Lead client contact on a day-to-day basis
- Plan and implement hard-hitting communications campaigns across digital and traditional media
- Help develop corporate and campaign strategies, working with our Strategy team
- Recognise media angles, sell in and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum
- Write accurate, high-quality media, campaign and thought-leadership content
- Coordinate and combine communications tactics to deliver high-impact, high-value campaigns
- Report on, analyse and professionally evaluate communications campaigns
- Be a key member of the team, helping to shape our offer and be an ambassador for our integrated service, delivered via our network of offices
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to spot opportunities and advise clients on how to achieve the best results
- High standard of professionalism when engaging with clients and other contacts
- Great creative writing skills, and experience of writing bespoke content for different audiences
- A strong understanding of digital and social media and how this can be applied to campaigns and B2B PR
- Highly organised, and adaptable to rapidly changing situations
- Project management experience and demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Experience in property, place and/ or public sector PR
- Experience in community consultation and stakeholder engagement
- A broad understanding of the political challenges facing the UK and its regions (particularly the North).
- An understanding of/ interest in the regional and Northern political landscape and key stakeholders
We are proud to be a certified B Corp and Great Place to Work® and offer all colleagues a number of benefits to support their work and home lives, including:
- Competitive salary and transparent salary bands
- Commitment to super flexible and remote working
- 35-hour working week
- 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- 5 days’ paid volunteering leave each year
- Learning and development programme
- Access to a medical cash plan, employee assistance programme and health and wellness apps
- Enhanced sickness, compassionate, maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Regular team socials
- Access to discretionary company bonus scheme
- Statutory pension scheme
- Provision of home working equipment (including desk and chair) and IT kit (including laptop and mobile phone)
We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring that we can all thrive, succeed, learn and grow, together. Our company is underpinned by a Life Happens ethos, which is a genuine guarantee that we have your back when you need us.
Please send us your CV and a short note about why you’re interested in the role to Racheal.Johnson@social.co.uk.Apply
2.23, Platform, New Station Street, Leeds, LS1 4JBT: 01134266945