Social is looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our award-winning team in the North, based in our Leeds office.
The position will suit a highly motivated team player who wants to contribute to the next chapter in our high-growth story. We’re looking to appoint someone who has the ambition and drive to help us achieve our growth plans over the coming years and become an vital part of the team… and be in it for the long-term.
We want an individual with a passion for community consultation that’s focused on people, stakeholder engagement and political liaison – and with a range of communications skills across the communications landscape. We’re looking for someone who wants to grow within our business, and we’ll offer a great package and support, to help that person thrive professionally and personally.
With an emphasis on property, infrastructure and the wider built environment, we’re one of the fastest-growing agencies in the region, and have been recognised as one of the Top 25 B2B PR agencies headquartered in the UK by the CIPR. We work with some amazing businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals. What you’ll get in return is an employer who cares about you and your development.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Lead client contact on a day-to-day basis
- Plan and implement consultation and engagement campaigns using traditional and digital methods
- Help develop engagement campaign strategies, working with our strategy team
- Write accurate, high-quality consultation, media, campaign and thought-leadership content
- Produce audience insights and political audits, to help shape engagement activity
- Identify clear media angles, sell in and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum
- Coordinate and combine communications tactics to deliver high-impact, high-value campaigns
- Report on, analyse and professionally evaluate engagement campaigns
- Be a key member of the team, helping to shape our offer and be an ambassador for our integrated service, delivered via our network of offices
- Project management of consultation projects, including production of high-quality printed materials, websites, digital campaigns and more
- High standard of professionalism when engaging with clients and other contacts
- A strong understanding of regional and national politics, and how this influences planning decisions
- Great creative writing skills, and experience of writing bespoke content for different audiences
- A strong understanding of digital and social media and how this can be applied to consultation and engagement
- Highly organised and adaptable to rapidly changing situations
You will be:
- A genuine team-player, focussed on collective effort for collective reward
- Great at relationship building, at all levels and easy to get on with
- A self-starter, who can work independently, whist remaining a key part of the team
- A creative and innovative thinker
- A strong ability to project manage, to deliver our clients work to a very high standard and to deadline, whilst remaining unflustered.
- Have ambitions to integrate and ultimately manage a team to support the delivery of your work
- Experience in property, social housing, place or professional services PR
- A broad understanding of the political challenges facing the U.K. and its regions (particularly the North).
- An understanding of / interest in political landscapes and an appreciation of stakeholder communications
What we offer:
We are proud to be a certified B Corporation and Great Place to Work® and we offer all colleagues a number of benefits to support their work and home lives.
- Competitive salary and transparent salary bands
- Commitment to super flexible and remote working
- Provision of home working equipment (including desk and chair) and IT kit (including laptop and mobile phone)
- Thirty days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Five days paid volunteering leave each year
- Learning and development programme
- Access to a medical cash plan, employee assistance programme and health and wellness apps
- Enhanced sickness, compassionate, maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Access to discretionary company bonus scheme
- Statutory pension scheme
We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring that we can all thrive, succeed, learn and grow, together. Our company is underpinned by a Life Happens ethos, which is a genuine guarantee that we have your back when you need us.
2.23, Platform, New Station Street, Leeds, LS1 4JBT: 01134266945